Movies are top priority, but my second favorite thing is amusement parks, and specifically the fastest and scariest rides I can find, so I’m absolutely losing my mind over Six Flags’ new Batman ride. Six Flags Fiesta Texas just unveiled the plans for BATMAN: The Ride, a 4D Wing Coaster that lifts riders up 120 feet in the air and then shoots them through a track packed with hills and drops while flipping them head-over-heels six times on the way through.
Six Flags is calling this thing their “most exciting thrill ride in the park’s history” and based on the concept video, I’m inclined to agree. Hit the jump for more information on the new attraction and to check out that video. BATMAN: The Ride is set to open in the summer of 2015.
“BATMAN™: The Ride is an entirely new concept in ride engineering and will provide a sensory experience like no other coaster. The unanticipated tumbling will add even more thrills as riders travel along the dipping and swirling track.”
And here’s a list of all the features you can expect:
- The world’s first, one-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring six smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;
- A 4D wing coaster that seats up to eight and has riders “face their fears” by allowing them to physically face each other as they tumble head-over-heels;
- A 120-foot tall hill that is ascended by an elevator-style lift straight up;
- Two beyond 90-degree raven drops giving the sensation of free-falling;
- Five vehicles with eight passengers each;
- A Bruce Wayne/Batman theme throughout the queue line featuring the Batmobile and Bat-Signal.
Why can’t this be coming to Six Flags Great Adventure? Looks like I’ve got to find someone to come to Texas with me. Who’s up for it?