Judging by some of the reaction to this picture, it appears as though there are some slight shifts away from the established Man of Steel look in Henry Cavill‘s costume for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Not that I can tell. I’ve seen Man of Steel exactly once and don’t really plan on seeing it again to see if I can spot some minute differences. This set image (obviously) adds more color to the costume than the official still from last month, and I suppose it’s interesting to see the painted-on muscle patterns in the light of day. But, on the whole, I think this is a less interesting development than the picture of Scoot McNairy as (potentially) The Flash.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is currently filming in Detroit under the direction of Zack Snyder for a March 2016 release. The film also stars Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Jesse Eisenberg. Hit the jump for the Batman v Superman Henry Cavill set image.
Image courtesy of MTV:
— Ari Fantis (@rprez2012) August 20, 2014
What do you guys think? To me, it looks like Superman. I can’t spot any real changes. My main hope is that the film is better than Man of Steel and doesn’t suffer from the seemingly untenable amount of characters it’s trying to squeeze in.
More of our Batman v Superman coverage thus far:
- Ben Affleck Talks the Reaction to His Casting in BATMAN V SUPERMAN
- New BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Rumors Reveal Ending Details, Timeline, and Luthor’s Plan [Spoilers, Obviously]
- Could the JUSTICE LEAGUE Release Date Come Soon After BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE?
- Zack Snyder Defends Aquaman’s Role in BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Release Date Moved Up to March 25, 2016; WB Dates 9 Untitled DC Films and 2 Event Movies