Clark Kent has long masked his true identity of Superman by using a simple gray suit and a pair of eyeglasses. It’s done the trick for decades, but comic book readers, TV viewers, and movie-watchers alike have often laughed about how silly that solution is. Surely that mild-mannered reporter with the square jaw, steely eyes and well-coiffed ‘do who showed up at the same time as Superman is Superman.
But as Batman v Superman star Henry Cavill has shown, maybe Clark Kent never needed the glasses at all. Cavill recently hung out in New York City’s Times Square, surrounded by building-sized images of his on-screen persona, and yet no one even approached him, let alone identified him. He even wore a Superman shirt emblazoned with that famous ‘S’! (It means hope or something, right?) I mean, this isn’t Where’s Waldo?
See if you can Spot the Superman in NYC’s Times Square:
For more Superman-related stories, take a look at some of our recent coverage below:
- ‘Batman v Superman’ Cast to Appear on ‘Conan’; Plus a Look at New Bat-Tech
- ‘Batman v Superman’: Over 40 High-Resolution Images Further Reveal the Superhero Epic
- Life-Sized ‘Batman v Superman’ Statues Can Be Yours for Thousands of Dollars
- ‘Batman v Superman’: New International Trailer Features New Footage of The Dark Knight
- The 5 Best Superman Comics Stories of All Time
- Must-Watch Episodes of ‘Adventures of Superman’ Starring George Reeves