During the Warner Bros. panel at last year’s San Diego Comic-Con, filmmaker Zack Snyder took the stage to briefly preview the very first footage from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. He subsequently brought Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Gal Gadot out to wave to the crowd, but just as quickly as they appeared, they turned and walked off the stage. As he was exiting, Snyder added, “We’ll see you guys next year,” hinting at a much larger Batman v Superman presence at San Diego Comic-Con 2015.
While Warner Bros. has yet to announce what it will be showcasing at Comic-Con next month, there is obviously going to be something significant for Batman v Superman. The panel will no doubt include Snyder and the return of Affleck, Cavill, and Gadot, but who else?
Perri spoke with the film’s Lex Luthor, Jesse Eisenberg, recently in anticipation of the excellent drama The End of the Tour, and she took the opportunity to ask the actor if he might be gracing Hall H with his presence:
“I’ll be there…I think I’m there for the hour I’m on the stage.”
While it was a pretty safe bet that Eisenberg would be taking part in what’s sure to be a memorable panel for Batman v Superman, we now have it straight from the horse’s mouth that he’ll be attending Comic-Con 2015. Moreover, when asked what DC movie Eisenberg is looking forward to besides his own, he had high praise for Batman v Superman screenwriter Chris Terrio:
“I like what this writer does, this guy Chris Terrio. He wrote this movie we did and I just think he’s so great. He’s such a good writer. I like what he does with characters, I like what he does with wordplay and cleverness. I like anything he writes.”
Terrio, who won the Oscar for writing Argo, was brought in to rework David S. Goyer‘s initial draft of the screenplay for Batman v Superman, and it sounds like his contributions were significant. It’s certainly encouraging to see Eisenberg describe the script as full of wordplay and cleverness.
Expect many more details on Comic-Con panels over the next few weeks, and be sure to tune in to Collider for our extensive coverage from the event. San Diego Comic-Con 2015 runs from July 8—12th.
Look for the full interview on Collider soon:
To catch up on all of our Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice coverage, click here. Peruse the recent links below.
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN’s Batmobile Outfitted with Dual Engines, Harpoons, and Sonic Repellent
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: Over 30 Pictures of Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman Costumes
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Official Synopsis Revealed
- Warner Bros. Exec Outlines DC Movie Universe Plans; Courting “Master Filmmakers”
- Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill Talk MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. and BATMAN V SUPERMAN at CinemaCon
- Henry Cavill Says BATMAN V SUPERMAN Is Not a MAN OF STEEL Sequel
- Take Another Look at the BATMAN V SUPERMAN Batsuit
- First Posters for BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
- Over 30 Images from the BATMAN V SUPERMAN Trailer
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Trailer Teases Clash of Superheroes