The Licensing Expo is kicking off today in Las Vegas, and Warner Bros. Consumer Products is showcasing some excellent materials from next year’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. In addition to a close-up look at the Batmobile, the studio has the costumes of Henry Cavill’s Superman, Ben Affleck’s Batman, and Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman on full display for the first time in public.
Steve is onhand at the event and was able to snap a number of pictures of all three costumes, which you can see below. Obviously director Zack Snyder had a foundation for the Superman suit from Man of Steel, and needed to come up with his own iteration of the Batsuit—a costume we’ve seen onscreen many, many times before—but this is the first time Wonder Woman has ever appeared in a feature film, so crafting Gadot’s get-up was both crucial and freeing.
Snyder and costume designer Michael Wilkinson (American Hustle) imagined a costume for Wonder Woman that would both be in keeping with the character’s comics history, but also fitting for the grounded DC Movie Universe that Snyder has created. The result, as you can see, is quite striking, especially when it comes to the inscription on the inside of the character’s shield.
Take a look at the costumes below. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice opens in theaters on March 25, 2016.
Click here to catch up on all of our Batman v Superman coverage, or peruse the recent links below.
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: 16 New High-Resolution Pictures of the Batmobile, Plus Specs
- Warner Bros. Exec Outlines DC Movie Universe Plans; Courting “Master Filmmakers”
- Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill Talk MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. and BATMAN V SUPERMAN at CinemaCon
- Henry Cavill Says BATMAN V SUPERMAN Is Not a MAN OF STEEL Sequel
- Take Another Look at the BATMAN V SUPERMAN Batsuit
- First Posters for BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
- Over 30 Images from the BATMAN V SUPERMAN Trailer
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Trailer Teases Clash of Superheroes