Warner Bros. has released three character posters for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and knowing how much the studio loves their character posters, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more as we come closer to the film’s release. But for today, we get Superman (Henry Cavill), Batman (Ben Affleck), and Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), and they all look fine.
It’s hard to muster enthusiasm for this film since all energy feels like it’s being spent on Star Wars, but once we fall into the first-quarter doldrums, we’ll be aching for an action-packed blockbuster. Batman v Superman will probably hope to scratch that itch, and maybe it will be up to the task. Personally, I just hope that Superman is a bit more boy scout in this one and that they do a good job of setting up the spinoff characters, especially Wonder Woman.
Check out the new Batman v Superman posters below along with a brief promo clip. The film also stars Jesse Eisenberg, Holly Hunter, Diane Lane, Scoot McNairy, and Laurence Fishburne. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice opens in theaters on March 25, 2016.
Catch up on our most recent Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice coverage by perusing the recent links below:
- New ‘Batman v Superman’ Images Reveal Battle Faces, Alter Egos, and Doomsday
- New ‘Batman v Superman’ Trailer Teases More Smackdown, Reveals Another Villain
- Warner Bros. Superhero Movies from ‘Batman v Superman’ to ‘Justice League 2′ Will Be PG-13
- Producer Charles Roven Reveals the DC Brain Trust, How Directors Alter Their Plans
- New ‘Batman v Superman’ Plot Description Reveals Lex Luthor’s Involvement
Here’s the official synopsis for Batman v Superman:
Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.