The first trailer for Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is here, and it’s as amazing as you might have expected. Not only do we get to see the classic comic book characters duke it out in the early going, we also get to experience their eventual team-up against fan-favorite villains from both franchises. And we might even see said villains come to life in all new ways if the introduction of T.C.R.I.’s mutagenic ooze has any part to play …
The all-star cast is led by Troy Baker (Batman: Arkham Origins, The Last of Us) as the voice of both Batman and the Joker – making Baker the first actor to ever play both roles in the same film. Opposite Baker are the Ninja Turtles themselves – Emmy Award/Golden Globe Award/SAG Award-winner Darren Criss (American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace, Glee) as Raphael, Kyle Mooney (Saturday Night Live) as Michelangelo, Baron Vaughn (Grace and Frankie) as Donatello, and Eric Bauza (Looney Tunes Cartoons, The Woody Woodpecker Show) as Leonardo.
Other key members of the voice cast include Rachel Bloom as Batgirl, John DiMaggio as Mr. Freeze, Tara Strong as Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy, Tom Kenny as Penguin, Carlos Alazraqui as Bane, Cas Anvar as Ra’s al Ghul, Keith Ferguson as Baxter Stockman & Two-Face, Brian George as Alfred, Ben Giroux as Robin, Andrew Kishino as Shredder, and Jim Meskimen as Commissioner Gordon & Scarecrow.
Jake Castorena (The Death of Superman) directs Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from a script by Marly Halpern-Graser (Mad, Batman Unlimited, Be Cool, Scooby-Doo). The film is inspired by the comic book series “Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” by James Tynion IV and Freddie Williams II (published by DC Comics and IDW Publishing) and is based on characters from DC and Nickelodeon. Ben Jones (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) produces with executive producers Benjamin Melniker and Michael Uslan, and Sam Register and Chris Viscardi as executive producers. Look for it on Digital starting May 14th, and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack on June 4th.
Check out the first trailer for Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles below:
It’ll take the unlikely unification of the Dark Knight and the Heroes in a Half-shell to overcome combined villainous forces afoot in Gotham City in the all-new, feature-length animated thriller, Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Nickelodeon and DC, the film arrives from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Digital starting May 14, 2019, and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack on June 4, 2019.
Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles finds Gotham City reaching new levels of danger when Shredder joins forces with Ra’s al Ghul to enact a nefarious plan – leading to the team-up of the Dark Knight and the Turtles to combat the combined might of the Foot Clan and League of Assassins!
Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Enhanced Content
Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital
- Cowabunga, Batman! When Comic Worlds Collide (Featurette)– Super hero crossovers have inspired some of the most unique comics of all time. Explore the concept of the crossover, and see the creativity that ensues when the worlds of Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles meet.
- Fight Night in Gotham (Featurette) – DC animated movies have continued to push the realism of hand-to-hand combat on-screen. Take an exciting look at both Batman’s and the Ninja Turtles’ fighting styles, and how the creators make it feel like you’re in the fight!
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Batman: Hush – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
- Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.
- Fans can also own Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles via purchase from digital retailers beginning May 14, 2019.