Though we got a glimpse at some low-resolution images from Disney’s live-action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast earlier this week, the newly released hi-res looks from the studio are simply gorgeous. You can really appreciate the work of costume designer Jacqueline Durran in these detailed images. The costumes themselves are perfect complements to the cutting-edge computer-generated effects of both The Beast and the assembled enchanted accoutrements, which are pulled right from the classic animated film. Not to be overlooked are the immaculately designed sets that are also featured in these images.
Emma Watson and Dan Stevens will be performing the title roles for director Bill Condon alongside Luke Evans as Belle’s suitor Gaston, and Josh Gad as Gaston’s lackey, Le Fou, Ewan McGregor as the enchanted candelabra Lumière, and Sir Ian McKellen as the clock Cogsworth, Kevin Kline as Belle’s father Maurice, Emma Thompson as Mrs Potts, and Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Plumette. Beauty and the Beast debuts March 17, 2017.
Check out the new hi-res images from Beauty and the Beast below and be sure to click each one to embiggen:
For more of our recent coverage on Beauty and the Beast, be sure to take a look at the write-ups below:
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’: Belle Has a New Backstory in Disney’s Live-Action Remake
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’: Emma Watson and Dan Stevens Step Out in Style in New Images
- Luke Evans on ‘The Girl on the Train’, ‘Beauty and the Beast’, and Dracula’s Future
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ 25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Review: Disney’s Classic Still Has the Magic
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’: Emma Watson, Dan Stevens Lead a Table Read in New Sneak Peek