Though director Zack Synder’s Man of Steel follow-up Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice doesn’t open in theaters until 2016, Comic-Con-goers will be quite disappointed if we don’t see something from the film during the Warner Bros. Hall H panel on Saturday. The thirst for superhero footage should be temporarily quenched by today’s reveal of a new Ben Affleck Batman v Superman image that gives us another look at Affleck as the Caped Crusader. The image premiered on the convention floor at the DC Booth to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Batman character. This image is a much tighter shot than the previous character reveal, giving us a great look at some Batfleck Stubble. I really think the choice of casting Affleck as Batman was a fantastic move, and I’m crossing my fingers we get to see a short tease of the character in action this weekend.
Hit the jump to take a look at the new Ben Affleck Batman v Superman image. The film also stars Gal Gadot, Jesse Eisenberg, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, Jason Momoa, Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey, Tao Okamoto, Scoot McNairy, and Jeremy Irons. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice opens in theaters on May 6, 2016.
Image via DC Comics.
Here’s the press note for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice:
Filming is underway on Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” the highly anticipated action adventure from director Zack Snyder, starring Henry Cavill in the role of Clark Kent/Superman, and Ben Affleck as BruceWayne/Batman.
“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” also stars Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, with Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane returning from “Man of Steel,” Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, and Holly Hunter in a role newly created for the film.
“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”is written by Chris Terrio, from a screenplay by David S. Goyer. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.
Principal photography will take place on location at Michigan Motion Picture Studios and on location in and around Detroit, Michigan; Illinois; Africa; and the South Pacific.
Set to open worldwide on May 6, 2016, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, Batman characters created by Bob Kane, and Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston, appearing in comic books published by DC Entertainment.
Catch up on our recent Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice coverage below:
- Zack Snyder Trolls the Internet with Henry Cavill “SuperJedi” Image
- Rumor: Doomsday One of the Five Villains in BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Rumored to Have Four Villains in Addition to Lex Luthor
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Image Reveals Official First Look at Henry Cavill’s Return as the Man of Steel; Zack Snyder Explains Why the Title Has ‘V’ and not ‘Vs’
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Image: First Look at Henry Cavill as Clark Kent on the Set of the MAN OF STEEL Sequel
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Rumors: Wonder Woman’s Costume, Lex Luthor’s Motives, Batman’s Lake Cottage, and More
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE – Jason Momoa to Play Aquaman, with Major Role in JUSTICE LEAGUE