Opening this weekend is director James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy. As most of you know, the story follows five intergalactic misfits—Peter Quill aka Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Drax the Destroyer (Dave Bautista), Groot (voiced by Vin Diesel), and Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper)—as they set out to protect a powerful and mysterious orb from the villainous Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace). Loaded with great performances, an extremely funny script, and some fantastic action sequences, Guardians of the Galaxy should be a big hit with moviegoers and it helps to explain why Marvel was so quick to announce that a sequel is coming July 28, 2017.
At the recent Los Angeles press day, I landed an exclusive video interview with Benicio del Toro, who plays The Collector. He talked about how he got involved in the Marvel universe, his contract with the studio, how the look of the Collector came together, upcoming films Inherent Vice and Paradise Lost, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Benicio del Toro:
- Talks about how he got involved in the Marvel universe and the Collector.
- What kind of contract did he sign with Marvel?
- Talks about how the look of the Collector came together and what percentage was James Gunn and what was him.
- Talks about how he worked on the film about 7 days.
- Talks about Inherent Vice and Paradise Lost.