Opening this weekend is director Timur Bekmambetov‘s (Wanted) Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Based on the book of the same name from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies author Seth Grahame-Smith and produced by Tim Burton, the film imagines that Lincoln’s mother and grandfather were killed by a vampire and that the president’s resolve to end slavery was due in part to the “fact” that vampires were involved with the slave trade. Playing Lincoln is newcomer Benjamin Walker and he stars alongside Rufus Sewell, Anthony Mackie, Dominic Cooper, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. For more on the film, here’s all our previous coverage and three clips with twenty minutes of behind-the-scenes footage.
A few days ago I got to speak with Walker and Mackie. We talked about their favorite movies, their reaction to seeing the finished film and how it compared to what they thought it would be when they signed on, deleted scenes, and future projects like The Great Wall and Gangster Squad. Hit the jump to watch.
Benjamin Walker and Anthony Mackie
- What are some of their favorite movies
- What was their reaction when they first heard the title
- How did the finished film compare to what they thought it would be when they signed on
- Do they remember any of the deleted scenes
- Walker talks about The Great Wall and Mackie talks about Gangster Squad