We’ve got some new images of a few familiar faces from some of your favorite (and soon to be favorite) TV shows. Here they are at a glance:
- Leonard Nimoy is currently shooting a guest spot on CBS’ The Big Bang Theory as the voice of Star Trek’s Spock.
- Jenna-Louise Coleman will join Doctor Who as the doctor’s unnamed companion, replacing Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) when she leaves the series this season.
- The first look at AnnaSophia Robb as a young Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) in the CW’s Sex and the City prequel, The Carrie Diaries.
Hit the jump for more on each project and to check out the images.
Via THR, here’s a look at Nimoy on the set of The Big Bang Theory as well as a teaser for the new episode in which he guest stars:
From BBC America comes the first look at Coleman’s character in the new season of Doctor Who. Check out the image after some info on the upcoming season below. Lead writer and Executive Producer, Steven Moffat, said:
“It always seems impossible when you start casting these parts, but when we saw Matt and Jenna together we knew we had our girl. She’s funny and clever and exactly mad enough to step on board the TARDIS.
“It’s not often the Doctor meets someone who can talk even faster than he does, but it’s about to happen. Jenna is going to lead him his merriest dance yet. And that’s all you’re getting for now. Who she’s playing, how the Doctor meets her, and even where he finds her, are all part of one of the biggest mysteries the Time Lord ever encounters. Even by the Doctor’s standards, this isn’t your usual boy meets girl.”
- Steven Moffat revealed “Amy & Rory will leave in a final encounter with the Weeping Angels in ep 5. Not everyone gets out alive and I mean it this time!”
- There will be 6 episodes this year, including the Xmas Special. Then 8 next year. Jenna’s character will first be seen at Xmas.
- Steven said, “We saw a lot of brilliant actresses. But Jenna was the only person going faster than Matt – he had to keep up!”
- “Matt Smith did my audition with me. It was fun and I felt like we were in it together” says Jenna.
- “I want to get started already” says Jenna. “I’m a huge fan of the show”. On her favorite companion: “Between Billie Piper and Karen Gillan.”
Last up comes a look at Robb as a young Carrie Bradshaw: