Like most of you, I’m a huge fan of Bill Hader. I think he’s one of those rare performers that can do anything, and over the past few years on TV and in a number of different movies, he’s made me laugh again and again. So when I had the opportunity to speak with him last week at Comic-Con, I jumped at the chance.
During our wide ranging interview we talked about being at Comic-Con, what he collects, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, Saturday Night Live, whether he will ever cameo on SNL now that he’s left the show, coming up with the idea for the final Stefon sketch, and so much more. He also revealed that he will be writing for the entirety of South Park‘s upcoming season and talked about what it’s like to work with Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Hit the jump to watch.
- :22 – Talks about the Comic-Con experience. Says he came as a fan in 2000 for Spider-Man.
- 1:12 – Says he loves the idea of having a library and his collection of books.
- 1:52 – Leaving SNL. Says everyone told him it gets weird when September rolls around and everyone goes back and you don’t.
- 3:00 – Says he’s entirely game to come back to SNL for small cameo parts.
- 3:51 – Could he see himself doing Stefon again? Talks about filming Stefon’s last appearance on SNL and reveals they came up with the idea a year before they shot it. Says it was important to treat the relationship between Stefon and Seth as real and provide a nice ending to their story.
- 6:41 – Cloudy 2. Talks about Sony letting Chris Miller and Phil Lord bring their sensibility to a big studio animated movie.
- 7:18 – Does Cloudy 2 feel different with the new directors? Says the scope is much bigger.
- 7:55 – When did he find out there was going to be a sequel?
- 8:16 – Talks about a bit with the Berry character that really makes him laugh.
- 8:38 – He’s writing for the entire season of South Park this year. They start up at the end of August.
- 9:17 – Talks about the intensity of the South Park writers room with Matt and Trey. Says he’s learned so much about breaking story from being in that room.
- 10:20 – The quality of South Park and how it’s gotten better each season. Says Matt and Trey work really, really hard and make sure everyone does their research when taking on specific ideas or references.