One of my favorite movies is James Cameron’s Aliens. While the term masterpiece gets used to describe many things that are unworthy of the moniker, when you’re talking about Aliens, you’re talking about perfection. Loaded with incredible visuals, a great script, and effects that still hold up, Aliens is a great example of what’s possible in cinema. Knowing how I feel about the movie, you can imagine how excited I was when I found out I’d get a chance to speak with Bill Paxton at WonderCon. Thankfully, while you usually only get a few minutes on a red carpet, Paxton spoke with me for a long time before Warner Bros.’ Edge of Tomorrow panel.
During our conversation, he talked about Aliens, people quoting lines to him, what it was like working with director Doug Liman and Tom Cruise on Edge of Tomorrow, the premise of the film, being part of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., future projects, and a lot more. If you’re a fan of Paxton, I promise you’ll enjoy this interview.
Finally, before getting to the interview, here’s our recap of the Edge of Tomorrow WonderCon panel.
- 0:25 – His thoughts on people quoting lines from Aliens to him.
- 1:55 – How he signed on to Edge of Tomorrow and what it’s like working with Tom Cruise and director Doug Liman.
- 3:52 – Explaining the movie’s premise, the characters, and how the plot resembles to World War II.
- 5:56 – Do people come up to him and say, “Hey, Clairvoyant!”
- 6:45 – How did he get involved with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and how the show has found its identity?
- 9:00 – Future project talk.