Opening Christmas Day is director Andy Fickman’s (You Again) family comedy Parental Guidance. The film stars Billy Crystal and Bette Midler as two grandparents who have a hard time finding middle ground with their three modernized grandchildren. Marisa Tomei and Tom Everett Scott play the parents. For more on the film, here’s the trailer.
During the recent Los Angeles press day I spoke to Crystal and Midler. They talked about how the project came together, how much was improvised, what it was like working with the kids, Twitter, Facebook, and Crystal talked about Pixar’s Monsters University. Hit the jump to watch.
Billy Crystal and Bette Midler:
- How familiar are they with online movie sites
- Are either of them on Twitter/Facebook (has to do with one of the jokes in the film)
- How did the project come together
- How much did they stick to the script and how much was improvised
- They always say don’t work with kids and animals
- What can he tell people about Monsters University