On this special live Collider Movie Talk from the “Unmasked Studios” event curated by Brisk, Mark Ellis, Jon Schnepp, and Joelle Monique discuss the following:
- Their brief thoughts on Black Panther.
- The box office records the film was breaking on Thursday and Friday.
- The panel welcomes special guest Black Panther costume designer Ruth E. Carter to discuss what she learned during the process of making the movie.
- Carter discusses how much of her work is influenced by the designs featured in the Black Panther comic books.
- She also highlights how moved and honored she was to create costumes for such a unique and diverse group of female characters.
- Carter also shares memories of working with director Ryan Coogler and stars Michael B. Jordan and Chadwick Boseman, and if they influenced her designs.