This morning, before the cast of The 100 hit the stage at WonderCon, I had the opportunity to participate in a roundtable interview with stars Bob Morley and Eliza Taylor. They discussed the shifting dynamic between Bellamy and Clarke, family relationships, the dark and gritty nature of the show, and teaming up to emerge as leaders of their group. For fans of the two as a pairing, they had a thing or two to say about “shipping” and what they think about the fans’ reaction to their characters. Hit the jump to watch.
Bob Morley Time Index:
- 00:24 – Talks about the fallout of Bellamy finding out he didn’t actually kill Chancellor Jaha and having sympathy for his character.
- 1:36 – Addresses whether or not Bellamy will step up and be a better leader. Teases that it will create a new dynamic between him and Clarke.
- 2:42 – Explains how his character’s changed from the beginning of the season and how it’s affected his relationship with his sister.
- 3:50 – Talks about his favorite part about being on the show.
- 4:50 – Reveals that it’s possible Murphy will make a return and jokes about shipping their characters together.
- 5:30 – Speaks about nothing good ever happening to the people who surround Bellamy and teases the following episode.
Eliza Taylor Time Index:
- 00:14 – Talks about the relationship between Clarke and Raven and how they share a mutual respect for one another despite their relationship with Finn.
- 1:06 – Assures that her character has more important things to worry about than romance.
- 1:22 – Talks about the relationship she had with Wells and her hope that we’ll possibly get to see more of him in flashbacks.
- 2:20 – Addresses the complicated bond between Clarke and her mother and whether she thinks they’ll be making up any time soon.
- 3:03 – Expresses her love for the relationship between Clarke and Bellamy and her surprise when she realized it’s a popular pairing with the fans.
- 4:52 – Talks about her hopes that playing a strong female character will set a good example for younger viewers.
- 5:30 – Compares herself with her character and reveals the only similarity they share.