Now playing in limited release and expanding nationwide December 20th is director David O. Russell’s comedic drama American Hustle. The story is based on the Abscam sting operation that uncovered widespread political corruption in the late 1970s, and Russell’s fantastic ensemble cast is led by Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, and Jeremy Renner. The film is definitely an awards contender, landing a Best Picture award from the New York Critics Circle and many nominations from a number of other groups, including the Golden Globes and the Screen Actors Guild. While the holidays are filled with a lot of choices, American Hustle should definitely be on your list. For more on the film, here’s all our previous coverage.
At the recent New York City press junket I landed an exclusive video interview with Cooper. He talked about how quickly he signed on to the project, what it was like to work with Russell, his perm in the film, the way he’s changed as an actor, and more. Cooper also talked about how he got involved in James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Rocket Raccoon’s voice, and he praised Chris Pratt’s performance calling it “unbelievable” and noting that it blew him away. Hit the jump to watch.
- Does he feel like he’s won the actors lottery in terms of the projects he’s been involved with?
- How quickly did he sign on to the project?
- What is it like to work for David O. Russell?
- How has his process changed as an actor over the past few years?
- Whose idea was the perm?
- Talks about how he got involved in Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Rocket’s voice and what type of accent.
- How they’re in the middle of recording.
- What has impressed him about the footage?