With director Kevin Munroe’s Dylan Dog getting released April 29, stars Brandon Routh and Sam Huntington were at WonderCon on Saturday to premiere footage and also answer fan questions. If you’re not familiar with Dylan Dog, the film blends horror and humor and it’s set in the backstreets of New Orleans. From the synopsis, “the story revolves around Dylan Dog, the world’s only private investigator of the undead with a business card that features his slogan, “investigator of the paranormal: no pulse, no problem.” Along with his assistant Marcus, Dylan will go where the living dare not — facing down friend and foe alike, until justice is done.”
Before the panel, I sat down with Routh and Huntington for a very loose interview. We talked about being at WonderCon and can they walk the convention floor, what’s their go to karaoke songs, the long road for Dylan Dog, they talk about the film, who they play and what it’s about, filming in New Orleans, and the other stuff they’re working on like Being Human and Missing William. Hit the jump to watch.
Finally, huge thanks to Routh and Huntington for giving me so much time.
Brandon Routh & Sam Huntington
- The two elaborate on their “go to” karaoke songs. Routh gives a hilarious, yet mildly unsettling, response.
- 2:15 – Discuss walking the floor at various conventions such as WonderCon
- 6:00 – Talk about the film’s long road to theaters and how it feels to know that it finally has a solid release date
- 7:40 – Describe what the film is about, who their respective characters are, and why people should see it
- 10:20 – What it was like to shoot the film in New Orleans
- 12:20 – Discuss their other projects (Huntington – SyFy’s Being Human) (Routh – Missing William)