This summer will feature the return of Logan Lerman as a demigod in the title role of Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters. Also returning for the sequel is Brandon T. Jackson, who plays Percy’s friend, Grover. A new addition this time around is Clarisse, one of Percy’s Camp Half-Blood adversaries, played by Leven Rambin (The Hunger Games). Our early sneak peek at the footage from the first act features both actors getting equal parts action and comedy in the Thor Freudenthal-directed picture. In a recent interview, both Jackson and Rambin talked about working with the new cast members and directors, a near miss in one of their fight scenes and how close the movie gets to the Rick Riordan book.
Also starring Alexandra Daddario, Jake Abel, Nathan Fillion, Stanley Tucci, Anthony Head and Douglas Smith, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters opens August 7th. Hit the jump to watch.
Brandon T. Jackson and Leven Rambin:
- 0:15 – They each talk about the different experiences with coming on to the sequel, either as a former cast member or a new addition.
- 0:55 – They comment on the new additions to the cast, including Tucci’s surprising comedic moments.
- 1:55 – Each of them talks about their fight scenes and a near miss between the two during filming.
- 2:40 – Regarding their characters, they talk about their personalities and where they fit in on the quest.
- 3:30 – They comment on Freudenthal’s directing style, how close the adaptation is to the books and Freudenthal’s particular brand of humor.