Last week, I was invited to the U.K. for the Blu-ray/DVD release of Brave. While I was in London, I sat down with director Mark Andrews and producer Katherine Sarafian. During our conversation, we talked about creating a princess in the modern age, how the story changed over the course of its development, dealing with Merida’s hair, perfecting the look of Mordu, why a bear, and more
Hit the jump to check out the interview, click here for my interview with story supervisor Brian Larsen, and click here for my photos from Scotland. Brave is now available on 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and DVD.
Mark Andrews and Katherine Sarafian:
- 0:13 – Developing a princess for the modern age.
- 1:42 – How the story looked at its outset and the greatest change during the film’s development.
- 4:00 – Why a bear?
- 4:55 – The influences of Violet’s hair in The Incredibles and the new challenges presented by Merida’s curly locks.
- 6:19 – Which character took the longest to get their look just right?
- 8:08 – A particularly fascinating aspect they gathered from their research.