If you’re a Breaking Bad fan, you’re both excited and dreading the final eight episodes that start airing August 11th on AMC. You’re excited because if creator Vince Gilligan and his team of writers nail the final episodes, it’ll go down as one of the best TV shows ever created. However, if they miss the mark, , it’ll be one of those shows where people say, “Breaking Bad was amazing…except the final season.” But based on the track record over the run of the series, I’d be shocked if the final eight aren’t incredible and don’t deliver the goods.
At Thursday night’s Saturn Awards, we spoke to Vince Gilligan after Breaking Bad won Best Presentation on Television. He talked about the final eight episodes, how they did their best not to leave any loose ends, their writing process, how they weren’t sure if what they set up in the first episode of the final season would play out, and how the final eight moves faster than it’s ever moved before. In addition, Gilligan talked about the great Gallery1988 Breaking Bad poster series from last year, the Saul Goodman spinoff series, and if he’s made any progress on the western TV series he’s talked about in the past. Hit the jump to watch.
Finally, a big thank you to Hunter Daniels, Tommy Cook, and Jeff Morreale for covering the Saturn Awards.
- How many Awards in a row is this
- When will we find out about the tag they set up in the first half of the final season. Says they did their best to not leave any loose ends
- Did Walt want the waitress to remember him based on the $100 dollar tip
- Talks about the final 8 episodes and says they pulled out all the stops. Says the show moves faster than it’s ever moved
- Talks about the writing process
- Talks about why they wanted to do a flash forward scene at the beginning of the final season. Reveals when they wrote it, they weren’t sure how it was going to play out.
- Any truth to the rumor that Saul Goodman’s spinoff could feature him as the Mayor of Las Vegas
- Talks about the print series that Gallery1988 did in Los Angeles
- We try and find out if certain actors filmed any scenes for the final 8 episodes
- Any update on the western TV show he talked about last year