Fox is off to an early start in the renewal game. Here’s a quick look at the comedies that will be returning for another year:
- Freshman comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine, starring Andy Samberg, Joe Lo Truglio, Stephanie Beatriz, Chelsea Peretti, Melissa Fumero, Terry Crews and Andre Braugher, will return for a second season.
- The Mindy Project, starring Mindy Kaling, Chris Messina, Ed Weeks, Ike Barinholtz, Zoe Jarman, and Beth Grant, has been renewed for a third season.
- New Girl, starring Zooey Deschanel, Max Greenfield, Jake Johnson, Lamorne Morris, and Hannah Simone, will return for a fourth season.
- As part of its two-year pickup, Glee will enjoy its final season run next year, with Lea Michele and Jane Lynch starring.
Hit the jump for some drama renewal news.
- The Following will live to fight another day as the Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy-starring series has been renewed for a third season.
- Freshman drama Sleepy Hollow, starring Tom Mison, Nicole Beharie, Katia Winter, Lyndie Greenwood, and Orlando Jones, will battle for another season.
- Veteran drama Bones, starring Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz, will get another year to solve cases, making it the show’s tenth season.
Fox is ahead of the other networks in making its renewals known because it has opted to change up the status quo of the pilot season cycle. While early series renewals are usually reserved for the strongest among a network’s shows, Fox’s new approach relies on strong audience numbers for some decisions while others are more of a risk. Brooklyn Nine-Nine needs to find a larger audience in the near future, and The Following has suffered due in part to Olympics competition. The good news for fans of both shows is that they’ll get another year to bump up their numbers.