On the red carpet at tonight’s Saturn Awards, I was able to interview Bruce Greenwood. We talked about J.J. Abrams Star Trek sequel, Robert Zemeckis’ Flight, Derek Cianfrance‘s The Place Beyond the Pines with Ryan Gosling, Atom Egoyan‘s Devil’s Knot (which also stars Reese Witherspoon and Colin Firth and follows the true story of the West Memphis Three case), and more.
For fans of Star Trek, I asked Greenwood about filming with IMAX cameras, what the first few days were like on set, lens flairs, what it was like being on a fully constructed Enterprise bridge, and the size of Pike’s role in the sequel. Hit the jump for what he had to say.
Bruce Greenwood Time Index:
- Talks about Derek Cianfrance’s The Place Beyond the Pines with Ryan Gosling
- :50-1:15 – What was the first day on the new Trek film like?
- 1:15-1:45 – What was it like being on a fully constructed Enterprise bridge?
- 1:45 -2:10 – What was filming with IMAX like?
- 2:10 – 3:00 – Will there be more lens flairs in this film?
- 3:00 – 3:55 – Working with Denzel Washington and Robert Zemeckis on Flight.
- 3:55 – 4:25 – Working with Atom Egoyan on Devil’s Knot, the West Memphis Three movie.
- 4:25 – 5:10 – How much of the film is influenced by the three documentaries on the subject?
- 5:10 – 5:42 – How big is Pike’s role in Trek 2?