Opening this weekend is director John Moore’s A Good Day to Die Hard. The fifth Die Hard film has John McClane (Bruce Willis) teaming up with his estranged son, Jack (Jai Courtney), to settle their differences and take down the bad guys. The film also stars Yulia Snigir, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Sebastian Koch, Cole Hauser, Amaury Nolasco, Megalyn Echikunwoke, and Anne Vyalitsyna.
During the recent Los Angeles press day I got to speak with Bruce Willis. We talked about how John McClane is one of the most popular characters in movie history, what McClane is up to in the fifth installment, how the first Die Hard had one of the best movie villains and that they never should have killed him, and more. In addition, Willis talked about Sin City 2 and what it will take to get him to work with Luc Besson again. Hit the jump to watch.
- I start off by thanking him for the extra time at the Red junket
- Looper and Moonrise Kingdom talk
- How John McClane is one of the most popular characters in movie history
- Talks about the first Die Hard and how it had one of the best movie villains. Says they never should have killed Hans Gruber in the first film
- Talks about how McClane is handling life in the latest chapter
- Sin City 2 talk
- What will it take to get him back together with Luc Besson