Now playing around the world is X-Men: Apocalypse. To help promote the film, Fox recently held a big press junket in London, and while there I got to interview director Bryan Singer. During the interview he talked about how X-Men: Apocalypse won’t have an extended cut like Days of Future Past, how he wanted to bring more comic book nods to the sequel, the order he would show the six films to his son, the after the credits scene, and more.
Here’s the official synopsis for X-Men: Apocalypse followed by what Singer talked about, as well as some links to our recent X-Men coverage:
“Since the dawn of civilization, he was worshipped as a god. Apocalypse, the first and most powerful mutant from Marvel’s X-Men universe, amassed the powers of many other mutants, becoming immortal and invincible. Upon awakening after thousands of years, he is disillusioned with the world as he finds it and recruits a team of powerful mutants, including a disheartened Magneto (Michael Fassbender), to cleanse mankind and create a new world order, over which he will reign. As the fate of the Earth hangs in the balance, Raven (Jennifer Lawrence) with the help of Professor X (James McAvoy) must lead a team of young X-Men to stop their greatest nemesis and save mankind from complete destruction.”
- How X-Men: Apocalypse won’t be like Days of Future Past which had an extended cut on the Blu-ray.
- How he wanted to bring more of the comic books to this movie.
- What’s the order he’d show his son the X-Men movies when he’s old enough to watch them?
- Did he direct the after the credits scene and what can he say about it.
- How long was his first cut of Apocalypse?
X-Men Related Links:
- Simon Kinberg on ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’, the Deleted Mall Sequence, and ‘New Mutants’
- Jennifer Lawrence and James McAvoy on ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’, NSFW Improv, and ‘New Mutants’
- Sophie Turner May Rise as the Dark Phoenix in the Next ‘X-Men’ Movie
- Every ‘X-Men’ Movie Ranked from Worst to Best
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Post-Credits Scene Teased by Simon Kinberg