The much-anticipated list of jury members has finally been announced for the 2015 Cannes Film Festival. Helmed by Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, the jury of the 68th Cannes Film Festival is an interesting, worldwide blend of actors, directors and a composer.
Representing Canada, Spain, the United States, France, Mali, Mexico and the United Kingdom, the jury of the world’s most prestigious film festival is all about equality this year with four women and five men, including last year’s jury prize winner, Mommy director Xavier Dolan:
- Rossy de Palma (Actress – Spain)
- Sophie Marceau (Actress, Director – France)
- Sienna Miller (Actress – United Kingdom)
- Rokia Traoré (Composer, Singer-songwriter – Mali)
- Guillermo Del Toro (Director, Writer, Producer – Mexico)
- Xavier Dolan (Director, Writer, Producer, Actor – Canada)
- Jake Gyllenhaal (Actor – United States)
They will judge the films in the Official Competition, selecting the winners including the top prize, the Palme d’Or, which will be awarded during the closing ceremony on Sunday, May 24th.
The 2015 Cannes Film Festival kicks off on May 12th. Click here for the full lineup of films.