More new images from the set of the Marvel sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier have surfaced online, this time giving us a look at Anthony Mackie in costume as Falcon. While the character isn’t sporting wings in these particular photos, he does appear to be strung up on some sort of wire apparatus against a green screen, so the wings will likely be added in post-production. Nevertheless, Mackie gives his best “I mean business” face while firing off a few rounds from his handguns.
Hit the jump to check out the images. The film also stars Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Cobie Smulders, Georges St-Pierre, Frank Grillo, Hayley Atwell, Toby Jones, Emily VanCamp, Maximiliano Hernández, Robert Redford, and Samuel L. Jackson. Captain America: The Winter Soldier opens on April 4, 2014.
Here’s the synopsis for Captain America: The Winter Soldier:
“Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will pick-up where “Marvel’s The Avengers” left off, as Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.
Click here to catch up on all of our previous coverage, or peruse the recent links below:
- Don Cheadle Talks THE AVENGERS 2 and CAPTAIN AMERICA 2; Says “Conversations Have Been Happening” for AVENGERS Sequel
- Hayley Atwell Hints at Possible Peggy Carter One-Shot at Comic-Con; Talks CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 and TOMB RAIDER
- Anthony Mackie Talks CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, Getting in Shape to Play Falcon, Where He’ll Be Filming, and More
- Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely Talk CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 and THOR 2; Reveal CAP 2 Has Faster Pace and Fewer Flashbacks Than Initially Planned
- Production Begins on CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER; First Image Released; Black Widow to Have Leading Role