With Captain America: Civil War set to hit Blu-ray next month, Marvel has released a deleted scene from the upcoming disc. The scene, which only runs thirty seconds, has Zemo (Daniel Bruhl) listening to a voicemail from his wife before meeting with Dr. Broussard (co-director Joe Russo). It’s a nice cameo from Joe Russo, but the scene isn’t that necessary, especially when your movie is running well over two hours. When you watch this scene, you’ll either already believe Zemo’s wife and son are alive or you’ll have picked up on the fact that they’re dead. It doesn’t deepen Zemo’s character or significantly help the plot. I can understand why the Russos decided to cut it.
Stitch Kingdom has also found the full list of special features for Captain America: Civil War, and there are only three other deleted scenes, the longest being an extended scene of Peggy’s funeral and the shortest being “Gotta get me one of those” running 25 seconds.
Check out the deleted scene below along two clips from the making-of documentary and the full list of special features. Captain America: Civil War hits Digital HD, Digital 3D and Disney Movies Anywhere on September 2nd and Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on September 13th.
Here’s the list of special features:
- United We Stand, Divided We Fall
- The Making of Captain America: Civil War Part 1 (21:26) & Part 2 (22:18) – As the tension mounts, sides are chosen and lines drawn. Learn more about the characters on each side—from Captain America and Iron Man to the latest recruits. In this complete behind-the-scenes look at a landmark in the Marvel saga, we’ll examine their stories through exclusive footage and interviews and discover just what went into selecting the Super Hero teams, filming the epic action sequences and introducing Black Panther and Spider-Man to the MCU.
- Captain America: The Road to Civil War (3:58)
- Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.
- Iron Man: The Road to Civil War (4:12)
- From Gulmira to Sokovia, delve into the development and evolution of one of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Gag Reel (2:43)
- Break the tension of this high-stakes conflict with some hilarious outtakes featuring the lighter side of your favorite Super Heroes.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Check out never-before-seen footage that didn’t make the final cut of Captain America: Civil War:
- Extended Peggy’s Funeral (5:39)
- Zemo Meets Doctor Broussard (:30)
- ‘You are not used to the truth’ (:47)
- ‘Gotta get me one of those’ (:25)
- Audio Commentary
- Directors Anthony and Joe Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely deliver scene-by-scene insight and explain the storytelling challenges they faced creating the third installment of the Captain America franchise.
- Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange
- Exclusive Sneak Peek (3:49) – Go behind and beyond the scenes as Doctor Strange makes his journey to the big screen.