Today, Marvel had a huge event where the company revealed all of the movies that will comprise Phase 3 and their release dates. In addition to providing official titles for Captain America 3 and Thor 3 (Captain America: Civil War and Thor: Ragnarok), the studio also officially announced long-awaited new titles such as Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Inhumans.
Following the Q&A, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige held a Q&A with reporters, and revealed plenty of new details regarding these upcoming movies. Hit the jump for more.
For simplicity’s sake, we’re going to break this down film-by-film:
- Black Panther will debut in Civil War, and we’ll get to see him full costume.
- Black Panther will definitely be a big part of Civil War
- It’s not about secret identities (like in the comics), and more about who do superheroes report to.
- They’ve met with writer Reggie Hudlin (who worked on the Black Panther animated series), but they’re meeting with lots of people.
- Carol Danvers will be the alter-ego of Captain Marvel in this adaptation.
- Feige says we’ll be getting some Easter eggs sooner than you might expect.
- Hulk will appear in all of the Avengers movies, but a solo movie is still up in the air.
- Black Widow will be featured in Avengers movies, but won’t be getting solo films. She’s “really important” in Age of Ultron and future Avengers movies.
- Black Panther’s nation of Wakanda will be in Age of Ultron.
- Feige will not talk about Phase 4 yet (THAT BASTARD).
- Anything that wasn’t revealed today is just a rumor until things are worked out (i.e. Cumberbatch still hasn’t signed on the dotted line for Doctor Strange).
- The Runaways script is still in the vault, and they still want to do something with it. It might end up on TV, but they’re not sure.
Catch up on our coverage of all of Marvel’s announcements below:
- Marvel Reveals Phase 3 Release Dates: BLACK PANTHER in 2017; CAPTAIN MARVEL in 2018; AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR in 2018 and 2019
- 42 Star Chadwick Boseman to Star in BLACK PANTHER; First Look at the Costume Revealed
- Two-Part AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Announced for May 2018 and May 2019
- THOR: RAGNAROK Set for Release on July 28, 2017; Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Returning
- CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie Set for a July 6, 2018 Release
- Watch Thanos Flaunt His Infinity Gauntlet in Footage from the AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Announcement; Film Is the “Culmination” of the MCU
- Check Out Images from Today’s Marvel Event Featuring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, and Chadwick Boseman