Were you floored by yesterday’s Captain America: Civil War trailer? I thought it was pretty great (although I still maintain that keeping Spider-Man a secret from general audiences would have been cool), and the film easily remains one of my most-anticipated films of the year.
While most of us will have to wait a couple more months to see Civil War, co-star Sebastian Stan has already seen a cut of the movie. Speaking to Steve at the press day for The Bronze, Stan revealed that he had watched the film and how much it blew him away:
“I sat there and basically there was a bowl of candy and fruit and gum in front of me and then there were sparkling waters and I basically sat on the edge of my couch the entire time and ate through the entire bowl of candy. I was overly stimulated with this movie, which I’m so proud to be in because everyone is fucking awesome in it. Everyone is fucking fantastic. I walked out of it speechless, and I worked on the movie and I was there! I walked out of there and I had back pain from leaning.”
Granted, I don’t think anyone expects Stan or anyone associated with the film to trash it, but general buzz on the movie is positive and even if you take that out of the equation, directors Joe & Anthony Russo definitely earned the benefit of the doubt with the outstanding Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Here’s hoping they can do it again with Civil War.
For more of our coverage on Captain America: Civil War, be sure to check out the following links:
- New ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Reveals the New Spider-Man
- Over 80 New Images from ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Including First Look at Spider-Man
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Will “Alter the Psychology of the Marvel Cinematic Universe”
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’: Anthony Mackie on What It Will Take For Him to Buy Grindr
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Teasers Announce the Arrival of a New Trailer