If you read between the lines of all the Captain America: The Winter Soldier marketing material that’s out there, you can probably piece together some of the major plot points. If you can’t, or if you’re the sort that needs confirmation of the plot before the movie actually comes out, then this new trailer is made just for you! While it does feature a lot of new footage that hasn’t appeared in other releases so far, it also centers around a hefty spoiler that’s sure to play a major part in the action. It also goes a long way toward shedding light on Robert Redford’s mysterious character, Alexander Pierce.
Starring Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Cobie Smulders, Anthony Mackie, Georges St-Pierre, Frank Grillo, Hayley Atwell, Toby Jones, Emily VanCamp, Maximiliano Hernández, and Samuel L. Jackson, Captain America: The Winter Soldier opens in 3D on April 4th. Hit the jump if you really want to watch this latest trailer, but I’d suggest skipping it until you’ve seen the movie. You’ve been warned!
Watch the new Captain America: The Winter Soldier trailer, super-spoiler edition below, via Nerdist News:
Click here to catch up on all of our Captain America: The Winter Soldier coverage, or peruse our recent Marvel links below:
- CAPTAIN AMERICA 3 Confirmed to Be Marvel’s May 6, 2016 Release; Slated Opposite BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN
- Directors Joe & Anthony Russo Confirm They’ll Direct CAPTAIN AMERICA 3; Say They’re Breaking the Story Now with Screenwriters Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely
- Chris Evans Clears Up Marvel Contract Rumors; Says He’s Signed for Six Films and His THOR: THE DARK WORLD Cameo Did Not Count
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Receives Ecstatic Reactions on Twitter
- Kevin Feige Says the AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Script Hasn’t Changed “At All” Due to Scarlett Johansson’s Pregnancy
- Chris Evans Talks His Reaction to Reading Joss Whedon’s AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Script
- Scarlett Johansson Talks AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Script and Joss Whedon; Says Film Makes Marvel Universe Feel “Very Close-Knit”
- Black Widow to Have Larger Role in THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON; Marvel Considering Spin-Off Picture
- Elizabeth Olsen Discusses Her Scarlet Witch Costume for THE AVENGERS 2; Says It’s “Different” and “More Rooted”
Here’s the official synopsis for Captain America: The Winter Soldier:
After the cataclysmic events in New York with The Avengers, Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” finds Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America, living quietly in Washington, D.C. and trying to adjust to the modern world. But when a S.H.I.E.L.D. colleague comes under attack, Steve becomes embroiled in a web of intrigue that threatens to put the world at risk. Joining forces with the Black Widow, Captain America struggles to expose the ever-widening conspiracy while fighting off professional assassins sent to silence him at every turn. When the full scope of the villainous plot is revealed, Captain America and the Black Widow enlist the help of a new ally, the Falcon. However, they soon find themselves up against an unexpected and formidable enemy—the Winter Soldier.