We’ve got the latest posters from the following films:
- Captain Phillips – Paul Greengrass directs Tom Hanks in the title role of the true story of Captain Richard Phillips and the 2009 hijacking by Somali pirates of the US-flagged MV Maersk Alabama. Captain Phillips opens October 11th.
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty – Ben Stiller directs and stars in this picture about a daydreaming office worker who sets off a global journey in the real world. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty opens Christmas Day.
- I Declare War – Jason Lapeyre and Robert Wilson direct a cast of neighborhood kids as their summer war games take a darker turn toward reality. I Declare War is now playing in limited release.
- Bad Milo – Jacob Vaughan directs Ken Marino in this horror comedy about a cute little intestinal parasitic demon. Also starring Gillian Jacobs, Patrick Warburton, Peter Stormare and Stephen Root, Bad Milo is available for digital download now.
- Rush – Ron Howard’s true-life tale of the 1970s rivalry between Formula One racers James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth) and Niki Lauda (Daniel Brühl). Rush opens September 27th.
Hit the jump for the new posters and films’ synopses.
All posters via IMPA:
A horror comedy centered on a guy who learns that his unusual stomach problems are being caused by a demon living in his intestines.
Captain Phillips is director Paul Greengrass’s multi-layered examination of the 2009 hijacking of the U.S. container ship Maersk Alabama by a crew of Somali pirates. It is – through Greengrass’s distinctive lens – simultaneously a pulse-pounding thriller and a complex portrait of the myriad effects of globalization. The film focuses on the relationship between the Alabama’s commanding officer, Captain Richard Phillips (two time Academy Award® winner Tom Hanks), and his Somali counterpart, Muse (Barkhad Abdi). Set on an incontrovertible collision course off the coast of Somalia, both men will find themselves paying the human toll for economic forces outside of their control. The film is directed by Academy Award® nominee Paul Greengrass, from a screenplay by Billy Ray based upon the book, A Captain’s Duty: Somali Pirates, Navy SEALs, and Dangerous Days at Sea, by Richard Phillips with Stephan Talty. The film is produced by Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, and Michael De Luca.
Armed with nothing more than twigs, their imaginations and a simple set of rules, a group of 12-year-olds engaged in a lively game of Capture the Flag in the neighborhood woods start dangerously blurring the lines between make-believe and reality. Rocks = Grenades. Trees = Control towers. Sticks = Submachine guns. The youthful innocence of the game gradually takes on a different tone as the quest for victory pushes the boundaries of friendship. The would-be warriors get a searing glimpse of humanity’s dark side as their combat scenario takes them beyond the rules of the game and into an adventure where fantasy combat clashes with the real world.
Set against the sexy and glamorous golden age of Formula 1 racing, RUSH portrays the exhilarating true story of two of the greatest rivals the world has ever witnessed—handsome English playboy James Hunt and his methodical, brilliant opponent, Niki Lauda. Taking us into their personal lives on and off the track, RUSH follows the two drivers as they push themselves to the breaking point of physical and psychological endurance, where there is no shortcut to victory and no margin for error.
Ben Stiller directs and stars in THE SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY, James Thurber’s classic story of a day-dreamer who escapes his anonymous life by disappearing into a world of fantasies filled with heroism, romance and action. When his job along with that of his co-worker (Kristen Wiig) are threatened, Walter takes action in the real world embarking on a global journey that turns into an adventure more extraordinary than anything he could have ever imagined.