Just a few hours ago I was able to talk to Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse on the red carpet at the 2010 Scream Awards in Hollywood. If I’d known I was going to speak to the creators of Lost tonight, I would have prepared a number of questions. However, it was only a moment before they walked up to me that I realized I’d actually get time with them. Saying that, I still worked in a number of things I think you’ll like:
- Was the Lost Complete Series Blu-ray box set the final release of Lost or do they have more material that could make it into another box set
- Would they be willing to work on the new Michael Emerson/Terry O’Quinn TV project
- Is it too soon to get them working together on another TV show
- I also asked Lindelof what is it like to have so many people talking about his Alien prequel script and how is Star Trek 2 coming along
Hit the jump for the interview. It’s time indexed so you can watch the parts that interest you:
Look for a lot more Scream Award red carpet interviews tomorrow.
Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse
- I joke about how I scared them away at Flynn’s Arcade at Comic-Con last year as I went up to them to talk
- Being at the Scream Awards
- :50 – Do they feel like the Lost Blu-ray Box Set is the final thing for Lost or could there be more down the road. Lindelof talks about possibly doing a commentary on the final episode sometime down the road but you wouldn’t have to buy another set to have access to it
- 1:40 – Alien prequel talk. What is it like for him to have people talking about his script right after it was turned in.
- 2:25 – I ask them about the Michael Emerson/ Terry O’Quinn project. I mistakenly thought they were somehow involved. They explain it’s with J.J. Abrams and they were “passed over.” I then ask if they were asked, would they be willing to get involved on the show.
- 3:25 – I try and find out what else they are working on. Carlton Cuse says he is not ready to talk about what he’s working on but he did say “soon”. Lindelof says all he is working on is Star Trek 2 and the Alien prequel
- 4:00 – I ask if it’s too soon to talk about them working together again on something
- 5:10 – Lindelof talks about how he’s taking a break from TV right now
- 5:30 – How is the Star Trek 2 script going. I mention how having a great villain is hard. He compares the Star Trek sequel to The Dark Knight in the way that they have it harder as they have to come up with a better villain than the Joker. Watch what he says. It’s the end of the interview.