The cards for a Star Wars cast reunion look to be falling into place. Ever since the announcement that Disney was moving forward with a new Star Wars trilogy, rumors have swirled regarding the involvement of the original trilogy’s cast members. Multiple reports have popped up claiming that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are eyeing a return to the series, and the subsequent denials/clarifications/etc. have made it clear that deals are likely being worked out. Now we have a firm clarification straight from the source, as Carrie Fisher has confirmed that she will appear in director J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: Episode: VII. Hit the jump for more.
Question: Disney is going to continue the Star Wars saga, producing movies set to hit theaters starting in 2015. Can you confirm whether you’ll reprise the role of Princess Leia?
It’s important to remember that Fisher said she would return in Episode VII back in November, only to subsequently claim that her comments were made “tounge-in-cheek.” I’m not sure if we’ll get another denial following this story, but I think the most likely scenario is that Lucasfilm/Disney is currently in the arduous stages of working out contracts for Hamill, Fisher, and Ford to return. As one can imagine, this can be a sticky situation. Obviously the trio have the right to demand big bucks for their return, so while the negotiation process continues and both sides try to find a happy medium, don’t expect too many clear-cut confirmations or affirmations of their reprisal.
Click here to catch up on all of our Star Wars coverage, or peruse the recent links below:
- Mark Hamill talks STAR WARS: EPISODE VII; Says “They’re Talking to Us” but “We Haven’t Signed Anything Yet”
- John Williams Hoping to Score New STAR WARS Films
- Harrison Ford Set to Return to Play Han Solo in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII?
- STAR WARS Screenwriters Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg Talk STAR WARS: EPISODE VII; Frank Oz Willing to Return to Voice Yoda
- Watch Steve Talk About STAR WARS Spinoff Movies, DIE HARD 6, SPIDER-MAN, the STAR TREK Sequel and More
- RUMOR: John Noble Circling Villain Role in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII? Plus, Concept Art for Young Han Solo from STAR WARS: EPISODE III
- Editorial: Need STAR WARS Spinoffs Featuring Old Characters, We Don’t
- STAR WARS Spinoff Films Include a Boba Fett Movie and a Young Han Solo Film
- Disney Confirms Standalone STAR WARS Films
- Rumor: First Standalone STAR WARS Movie Centers on Yoda
- THE COLLISION: Episode 35 – J.J. Abrams and STAR WARS
- Producer Kathleen Kennedy Explains How She Got J.J. Abrams to Direct STAR
- ARS: EPISODE VII; Won’t Confirm 2015 Release
- STAR WARS News: Film Might Have Female Protagonist; Abrams Comments on Getting the Gig; May Not Have Agreed to 2015 Release
- It’s Official: J.J. Abrams Will Direct & Produce STAR WARS: EPISODE VII; Lawrence Kasdan & Simon Kinberg Consulting on the Film