With Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice now playing in theaters around the world, the other day I sat down with producer Charles Roven for an exclusive video interview about the film. During our wide-ranging conversation he talked about if there were dramatic changes during production or if they stayed true to their original script, how they figured out the boundaries of each superhero’s superpowers, setting up a connection to the Wonder Woman movie, what they learned from friends and family screenings and test screenings, how they worked out what to cut for the upcoming extended edition, and more.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice also stars Henry Cavill, Laurence Fishburne, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Holly Hunter, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, and Scoot McNairy.
Finally, one last thing before the interview: the best way to see this movie is in IMAX. A number of scenes were shot using IMAX cameras and they’re amazing to watch on the big screen. Trust me, see this movie in IMAX.
And if you missed what Roven told us about keeping the DC movie universe PG-13, click here to check it out.
- 0:27 – If there were dramatic changes during production or if they stayed true to their original script.
- 3:10 – Figuring out the details and boundaries of each superhero’s superpowers.
- 4:19 – Trying to set up a connection to a Wonder Woman
- 5:34 – What they learned from friends and family screenings and test screenings.
- 6:51 – How they worked out what to cut for the upcoming extended edition.
- 9:35 – His thoughts on the different cuts of Blade Runner.