Charlize Theron Says MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Starts Filming June 2

by     Posted 2 years, 66 days ago

charlize_theron_slice_01

Director George Miller’s Mad Max: Fury Road has been a long time coming.  The film was planned as a reboot of sorts for Miller’s Mad Max series that launched Mel Gibson’s career.  Pre-production began in 2009 with Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron set to star, and when filming was finally gearing up to commence in late 2010 on the ambitious, large-scale project, Miller announced that they would have to postpone production until 2012.  Torrential rains flooded the area in Australia where Miller was planning to shoot, so he decided to wait until the landscape returned to its desert-like nature.  Hit the jump for more.

Late last year Hardy revealed that production would be beginning in April, but that month came and went and filming had still yet to begin.  We saw some snapshots of Mad Max vehicles being shipped to Nambia, but just a few days ago Hardy said he had no idea when production was expected to get underway.  Not to fear, though, as Theron has graciously revealed the (hopefully) true start date of the project.

Speaking with MTV’s Josh Horowitz, Theron revealed that Mad Max: Fury Road now has a production start date of June 2nd.  The delay in filming actually proved beneficial for Theron, as she previously had to turn down the lead role in Ridley Scott’s Prometheus due to the Mad Max filming schedule.  She was able to take a smaller role in Prometheus, play the Evil Queen in Snow White and the Huntsman, and lead Jason Reitman’s drama Young Adult.  I’m eager to see Hardy and Theron team up for Fury Road, and I’m incredibly curious to see what Miller has planned for this long, long, long gestating project.  Hopefully that June 2nd start date sticks.  Watch Theron’s interview with MTV below.




Like Us


Comments:

FB Comments

Click Here