Opening this weekend is director R.J. Cutler’s adaptation of Gayle Forman’s If I Stay. The movie stars Chloe Moretz as Mia Hall, a talented young musician who balances her aspirations of attending the Juilliard School with the budding romance of her devoted boyfriend Adam, played by Jamie Blackley. A tragic event puts those earthly concerns behind her as Mia must decide whether to fight for her life with Adam by her side, or give in to her new condition. The film also stars Mireille Enos, Joshua Leonard, Liana Liberato, Aisha Hinds, and Stacy Keach. For more on If I Stay, watch these clips, check out over 40 images, or click here for all our previous coverage.
At the recent Los Angeles press day I landed an exclusive video interview with Chloe Moretz. She talked about wanting to make a movie that girls her age could go see with their families, what it was like working with R.J. Cutler and what he brought to the material, the focus on music on set, her love of Boyhood and desire to see Guardians of the Galaxy, future projects like The Equalizer, Laggies, Dark Places, The Fifth Wave, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Moretz wanted to make a movie that girls her age could go see with their families.
- 1:00 – She read the script and the book and fell in love with the character Mia.
- 2:05 – Talks about working with R.J. Cutler and what he brought to the material.
- 3:15 – Moretz describes her experience with the cello and the focus on music on set.
- 4:35 – Talks about love of Boyhood and desire to see Guardians of the Galaxy.
- 5:30 – She’s taking The Equalizer to TIFF this year. Laggies is scheduled for October. Dark Places and Clouds of Sils Maria are on the horizon.
- 6:25 – Moretz starts filming The Fifth Wave in Atlanta in September.