To help promote Summit Entertainment’s Remember Me, I got the chance to talk with Chris Cooper about his involvement in the film. If Cooper looks familiar, it’s probably from his work in such moves as The Bourne Supremacy, The Kingdom, Jarhead, Seabiscuit, and Breach.
While most consider Cooper a great actor (myself included), it was very cool to hear him talk about how nervous he gets for each movie, and how he prepares for as long as he has the script. But, that’s probably why he’s such a great actor, as he just doesn’t show up on set and try to wing it. During the interview we also talk about promoting a film with a lot of secrets and a lot more on how he prepares as an actor. Hit the jump to check it out:
And if you’d like to watch 8 clips from Remember Me, click here. And here’s my interview with Robert Pattinson and a ton of behind the scenes footage. Remember Me also stars Emilie de Ravin and Pierce Brosnan. Allen Coulter directed the film and William Fetters wrote the screenplay.
- Is it hard to talk about the film without giving too much away
- We talk about how the film benefits from not knowing too much
- With how many roles he has played, does he still research playing a detective – talked about how he prepared for this role
- How important is the rehearsal process to him
- He mentions how he prepares for every project and it’s surprising what he says
- What else does he have coming up