Earlier today at D23, I landed an extended video interview with Chris Evans backstage after he presented some new footage for his upcoming Marvel film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier. For more on what was shown, read Dave’s recap. Since we talked about so many of his upcoming projects, I’m breaking it up in two parts. For today’s installment, he talks about making Captain America: The Winter Solider, what the film is about, how it continues the love story from the first film, what it means for him to have the entire planet watching Marvel movies, if Joss Whedon has told him anything about The Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Tom Hiddleston appearing as Loki at Comic-Con. And while Evans doesn’t know much about The Avengers sequel, he did reveal filming is scheduled to begin the first week of March next year. Hit the jump for what he had to say.
Finally, if you’ve missed any of our video interviews or recaps from D23, click here to see what you’ve missed.
- Talks about how he’s excited for people to see the Captain America sequel
- Talks about love story for the sequel and Hayley Atwell
- Says the sequel is about Captain America and Black Widow teaming up
- What does it mean to him to have the entire planet watching Marvel movies and for people to enjoy his work as Captain America
- Does he know when they’re filming The Avengers: Age of Ultron? Says the first week of March, 2014
- Has Joss Whedon told him anything about the sequel? Says he was surprised when he heard the title at Comic-Con
- Talks about Tom Hiddleston appearing as Loki at Comic-Con and how happy he is to have him as part of the world.