At this year’s Comic-Con, I had the chance to sit down with director Chris Gorak for an exclusive interview about Summit’s upcoming sci-fi thriller, The Darkest Hour. While I could’ve posted the interview a lot sooner, I decided to wait until the studio released the cool looking trailer. Hopefully you’ve all had a chance to check it out. What’s important to know is the entire movie was filmed on location in Moscow, was filmed in 3D, and produced by Wanted director Timur Bekmambetov.
During the interview, Gorak talks about bring at Comic-Con, filming in Moscow, the aliens and what happens to the humans that encounter them, editing, test screenings, and did they decide to explain the alien motivation for attacking Earth or did they go the route of revealing as little as possible. Hit the jump to watch. The Darkest Hour opens December 23rd.
Chris Gorak Time Index
- :14 Talks about his experience at Comic-Con.
- 1:03 Filming in Moscow
- 2:25 His involvement in creating the trailer for The Darkest Hour.
- 3:45 Talks about the violence that happens when the humans come into contact with the aliens.
- 4:43 Did they decide to do a lot of exposition and explaining about the motive behind the aliens or did they go the route of revealing as little as possible?
- 5:45 Where are they in the editing process?
- 6:15 Have they started test screening the movie? Talks about the test screening process and what they do with the information gathered.
- 7:15 Talks about filming in Red Square and how they were able to get access there.