One of my favorite films at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival was director Ron Howard’s Rush. Based on the true life events, the film takes place in the world of Formula One racing, and chronicles the 1970s rivalry between Austrian driver Niki Lauda (Daniel Brühl) and British driver James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth)—primarily during the 1976 season. Rush also stars Olivia Wilde and Alexandra Maria Lara.
While at TIFF, I landed a video interview with Chris Hemsworth. He talked about what surprised him about the story, how he prepared to play James Hunt, what his friends and family said when he landed the role, whether Joss Whedon has told him anything about The Avengers sequel, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Does he feel like he’s won the actor’s lottery
- How did he lose weight/muscle mass for Rush
- What surprised him about the story
- What did his friends and family think when he said he’d be doing the role
- Has Joss Whedon told him anything about The Avengers sequel