After the epic Marvel panel this past Saturday at the San Diego Comic-Con, Steve was able to speak with several cast members of the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron. Chris Hemsworth is one of the more integral performers in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, anchoring the Thor franchise and playing a key role in the Avengers, so naturally he was on the list.
After the footage from Avengers: Age of Ultron brought the house down (by all accounts) in Hall H, Steve caught up with Hemsworth to talk about the film’s balance of action with writer/director Joss Whedon’s patented banter. He also addresses Ultron’s impact on the story, what it’s like having Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the fold and when he’s shooting Thor 3. Hit the jump for our Comic-Con interview with Chris Hemsworth.
- 0:00 – Hemsworth talks about the action in the script and the banter between the characters. The relationships make the film special.
- 1:03 – We will see more of Thor and Hulk’s competitive relationship in the film. If the first one was about the team coming together, this films about a new entity threatening that dynamic. “They all have their conflicts and feuds.”
- 1:28 – Hemsworth discusses how Ultron shakes everything up.
- 2:04 – Discusses bringing in Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. “No one trusts each other.”
- 2:38 – Would he consider playing a female Thor? “It could be my biggest challenge yet.”
- 2:49 – Has a lot of time before he has to shoot Thor 3.