Now playing around the world is director James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy. As most of you know, the story follows five intergalactic misfits—Peter Quill aka Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Drax the Destroyer (Dave Bautista), Groot (voiced by Vin Diesel), and Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper)—as they set out to protect a powerful and mysterious orb from the villainous Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace). For more on the film, read Matt’s review or click here for all our previous coverage.
At the recent Los Angeles press day, I landed an exclusive video interview with Chris Pratt. He talked about his reaction to everyone loving the film, how no one in the film acts like they’re in a sci-fi movie, if he knew how much he’d have to dance when he was cast, the humor, whether he pays attention to what Marvel announces (like upcoming release dates), what he’d like to see in Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Jurassic World, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Note: This interview was done before Marvel officially announced Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
- None of the characters act like they’re in a sci-fi movie. No one continues to try and explain things to the audience.
- Did he know how much he’d have to dance when he was cast?
- Was the script as funny on the page as it is on screen?
- How much does he pay attention to what Marvel announces, like upcoming release dates?
- Has he thought about what he’d like to see in the sequel?
- How has Jurassic World been going?