As most of you know, Exodus: Gods and Kings is Ridley Scott’s take on the Biblical story of Moses with Christian Bale playing the former Egyptian prince and Joel Edgerton filling the role of the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses. The film also stars John Turturro, Aaron Paul, Ben Mendelsohn, Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley. For more on the film watch these clips or the trailer.
Last week at the big press junket in Paris I landed an exclusive video interview with Ridley Scott and Christian Bale. They talked about why they wanted to tell this story, the 4-hour long first cut, how the Blu-ray will have 25 minutes of deleted scenes, memorable moments from the set including Bale’s experience with camel poop and a lot more. Hit the jump to check it out. Exodus: Gods and Kings is currently playing in select markets around the world and is due to open in North America this weekend.
Christian Bale and Ridley Scott:
- What was it about the material that got them involved?
- How long as the first cut? Says it was 4 and a half hours and says his four hour cut worked.
- Would he ever consider releasing the four hour cut on Blu-ray?
- Says the Blu-ray will come with 25 minutes of deleted scenes that you can access through the menu.
- Did they have a day or two on set that they’ll always remember? Bale talks about camel poop.
- And after the interview ended and we were off camera I asked Scott if Prometheus 2 would be his next project. He said “it could be.”