One of the many people who took the stage at D23 today was Christina Hendricks (Mad Men). She was there to talk about her work in DisneyToon Studios The Pirate Fairy, in which she’ll play a new fairy named Zarina. Shortly after getting announced as a voice in the Spring 2014 release, I was able to talk with Hendricks on the red carpet backstage. She talked about her work on the animated film, the process of watching the animators work, changing during production, the experience of shooting Ryan Gosling’s directorial debut How to Catch a Monster in Detroit and more. In addition, as you watch the interview, you’ll see a great photobomb from Bill Hader. Hit the jump to watch.
- :10 – Finally being able to talk about Mad Men now that the season is over.
- :24 – Says she’s been working on Pirate Fairy for a year and a half already. Talks about the process of watching the animators work. Bill Hader photobombs the interview around the :41 mark.
- :55 – Changes in the film throughout the development process. Says there have been several different looks.
- 1:33 – The experience of shooting Ryan Gosling’s directorial debut How to Catch a Monster in Detroit.
- 2:08 – Says she’s about to go do another film in a few weeks before returning for Mad Men.