With director Alan Taylor’s Thor: The Dark World now playing around the world, I recently got to interview the cast and filmmakers in London. As most of you know, Chris Hemsworth returns as Thor, who reluctantly teams up with Loki (Tom Hiddleston) to fight off the villainous dark elf Malekith the Accursed (Christopher Eccleston). The film also stars Natalie Portman, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano, Jaimie Alexander, Rene Russo, and Anthony Hopkins.
During my video interview with Eccleston, he talked about the film’s humor, if he was a fan of the Marvel movies before getting the role, when he found out he’d have to wear a lot of makeup, and more. In addition, he talked about recently getting to work with Terence Stamp and Damon Lindelof’s The Leftovers. Hit the jump to watch.
- Talks about working with Terence Stamp.
- Talks about the film has a lot of humor and he was excited for the part.
- Was he a fan of the Marvel movies before getting the role?
- How they never told him the role would require makeup.
- Was it an immediate yes when he was offered Damon Lindelof’s The Leftovers?