One of the best films this year is director Jason Reitman’s Up in the Air. In his two previous movies, Juno and Thank You For Smoking, Reitman showed us he was a director to watch. And while I loved his two previous films, I think Up in the Air is his best work to date and it’s sure to nab a nomination for Best Picture. But let’s get to the reason you’re here: my Twitter pie chart busting interview with Jason Reitman!
In case you aren’t aware, Jason Reitman has a Twitter account and he often posts a pie chart that breaks down the questions he’s asked while out promoting Up in the Air. As you might imagine, questions about George Clooney, his dad, and how he came to the project dominate the chart. Here’s a recent example. So when I sat down to talk with him as a reporter for our partners at Omelete, I wanted to be the one who busted the chart wide open. And based on his answers – especially the last one – I know I succeeded. While you aren’t going to learn a great deal about Up in the Air, you are about to watch a fantastic interview with a ridiculously talented director. Check it out after the jump:
While I usually list everything I talk about in an interview above the video, for this one, I recommend not knowing and being surprised. But if you really need to know…it’s below the video. Finally, here’s a bunch of movie clips from Up in the Air.
- Says he is ready for my questions…and I tell him if I ask anything that someone else has asked I would be disappointed
- What is the criteria for what plays in the CineReitman Dome
- Why did he get so excited after watching part of Edgar Wright’s Scott Pilgrim
- Why has he not seen The Wire
- Fat Matt’s Rib Shack
- Video game questions
- Airport questions
- And I save the best and most original question for last….it’s a surprise