I’ve been working for Collider since 2007, and over the years we’ve added great people to our team. The site continues to expand, and we are now accepting applications for paid internships (if you are still in college, you can receive college credit). One position is Los Angeles-based and the other is based outside of L.A. If you’re looking to build a portfolio, get real experience writing about movies professionally, and contribute to our great site, we would love to read your application.
Hit the jump for more details on who we’re looking for, the responsibilities of the job, and how to apply. We will be accepting applications through January 1st and begin looking through them shortly thereafter.
- Is based in Los Angeles; Applicants are not required to be in L.A., but those outside of L.A. will receive a more critical examination of their writing ability.
- Has a working automobile to provide their own transportation.
- Can work on weekdays and weekends.
- Has a strong knowledge of movies and/or television, and the entertainment industry.
- Can start soon.
- Writing news articles about movies and/or television
- Conducting interviews
- Office work
- Miscellaneous tasks
How to apply:
Send a resume, a cover letter, and a writing example (300 to 500 words) to email@example.com. One of your examples must be your take on a recent news story such as a new trailer or casting report.
If you have any questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll try to answer them in a timely fashion.