Everyone at Comic-Con gets a swag bag, and it’s ridiculously big. It’s one of the most visible and ubiquitous objects at the Con, and Warner Bros. has wisely taken ownership of it for years. The bags are always plastered with advertising for the studio’s TV series and upcoming movies, and this year is no different. The studio has announced that this year’s bags will feature the shows Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, Revolution, Supernatural, the Vampire Diaries, Teen Titans Go!, and the classic Batman TV series. On the movie side, attendees can wear advertising for Godzilla, The LEGO Movie, and 300: Rise of an Empire. Furthermore, the bags have detachable capes, a feature I can only respond to with this.
Hit the jump to check out images of the TV series bags/capes. Please note that the bags can be cumbersome, but they also make for good seating on the grass next to Hall H. The 2013 San Diego Comic-Con runs from July 18 – 21st.
Via Warner Bros.
Here’s the press release:
PREPARE TO TAKE FLIGHT AT COMIC-CON® 2013
WARNER BROS. AND COMIC-CON TURN FANS INTO SUPER HEROES WITH
OFFICIAL BAG OF SDCC 2013 — COMPLETE WITH CAPE!
Collectible Backpacks & Detachable Capes Highlight TV’s Arrow, The Big Bang Theory,
The Following, Revolution, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and Teen Titans Go!;
Feature Films Godzilla, The LEGO® Movie and 300: Rise of an Empire;
DC Universe Original Animated Movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox;
And the Classic Batman TV Series
BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2013) — It’s a backpack. It’s a cape. It’s a backpack with a cape! Warner Bros. Entertainment will once again sponsor the official bag at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2013, to be distributed to fans when checking in at the Con, the Studio announced today. This marks the fourth year that Warner Bros. and Comic-Con have joined forces to produce and distribute what Entertainment Weekly once called the convention’s “ubiquitous accessory,” ensuring that attendees have a unique keepsake from the world’s leading pop culture convention. Plus, for fans in San Diego who forgot their costumes, the “must-have” bag (according to Deadline Hollywood) not only lets attendees tote copious amounts of swag, but they can also flaunt their super hero side with the backpack’s detachable cape!
- More than 130,000 of the bags have been produced and will be provided to Comic-Con attendees throughout the convention.
- The all-new 2013 edition is fashioned as a backpack and features a built-in cape — to assist the super hero in all of us race to panels, of course. The detachable cape can be worn separately, as can the backpack.
- Each of the bags, designed by Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing, feature double-sided artwork, with the all-new Comic-Con 2013 official design on one side and the other side highlighting titles from the Studio’s TV series, theatrical motion pictures and original animated movies.
- The television show titles are Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, The Following, Revolution, Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! (with Beware the Batman cape!) and The Vampire Diaries.
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment’s DC Universe Original Animated Movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox will be featured, as will the classic Batman TV series.
- Attendees can also tote their swag in bags featuring artwork from the forthcoming motion pictures Godzilla, The LEGO® Movie and 300: Rise of an Empire.
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit www.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter at @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC). For official information about Comic-Con 2013, visit www.comic-con.org and follow Comic-Con on Twitter at @Comic_Con.